Post-event wrap up ManuSec USA 2017!
Just days after a very successful CS4CA Europe Summit held in London, the Qatalyst team took to the skies bound for O’Hare International and the heart of the American manufacturing industry. Held over two days at the Trump International Hotel & Tower in downtown Chicago, the event brought together an exclusive audience of the top security leaders in the manufacturing industry from across the USA.
We had a fantastic line-up of speakers, with some of the brightest and best in the world sharing their thoughts on effective strategies for risk mitigation in manufacturing. Some highlights of the programme included:
- Ismail Guneyadas, Head of Cyber Security Vulnerability Management at Kimberley Clark
- Marwan Youssef, Global Manufacturing Cyber Security Manager at General Motors talked us through minimising the security risks of digitalisation in a large plant environment
- Jeff Cornelius, EVP ICS Solutions at Darktrace showed us how to analyse the anatomy of an attack, and what effective cyber crisis management looks like
- John Graham, CISO at Jabil gave a really insightful case study on how he balances operational efficiency with appropriate risk management through agile processes
- David Wulf Deputy Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure Protection at DHS took us through the strategic vision of how DHS works with critical manufacturing, and what resources are available to support private sector efforts
As ever, what goes on around the edges of industry events like these is often just as important as what takes place onstage, and it was great to see relationships forged between colleagues during coffee breaks, heated discussions over lunch and more relaxed exchanges at the cocktail reception.
Event Director, Kudsia Kaker, commented: “What’s special about ManuSec is that it represents a concerted effort by an industry to come together as a sector and defend itself collectively against cyber threats. We’re really lucky to be partnering with some of the largest manufacturing companies in USA to discuss the threats of 2018 and beyond together.”
We would love to have you join us at one of our Summits in 2018. We’ve got big plans for expansion into Germany, South Africa and China, and we’ll be taking CS4CA back to Houston and Dubai as well. Take a look at our website for more information on future events: www.qatalystglobal.com