Bringing IT into the OT World: Cyber Security in Manufacturing
ManuSec USA: Cyber Security for Manufacturing Summit – October 9th and 10th Chicago, Illinois.
Why now? Why the manufacturing sector?
As technology advances at an exponential rate, bringing about disruptive changes, manufacturers are working hard to keep on top of it and ahead of the competition. But fully embracing industry 4.0 to increase competitiveness also means opening themselves up to new avenues of cybersecurity threats – and we are not just talking about threats from traditional hackers and cyber-criminals anymore, but also about industrial espionage and those who might benefit from such practices.
To properly face cyber risk in the 21st century, organizations must fully engage at all levels from the executive board down, to collaborate and establish best practices to protect key assets. The 3rd annual ManuSec summit will help you achieve just this, offering a variety of sessions designed to help you take away concrete action points.
Who else will be attending?
At ManuSec we are bringing together a senior delegation of IT and OT experts (such as CISOs, Risk Directors, Heads of Automation & Process Control, Directors of Information Security & Privacy, Heads of Network Infrastructure, Senior Engineers, SCADA / ICS Engineers) from the Transport, Food & Beverage, FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Aerospace, Automotive, Machinery, Heavy Industry, Metals and Telecommunications industries.
Strong communication and coordination between IT and OT is crucial as industrial automation continues to take place and more IoT technology is introduced to manufacturing processes. ManuSec acts as a bridge between IT and OT, helping strengthen existing connections and create new ones.
- Digitalization of Assets: How digital manufacturing allows for digital design and distributed manufacturing
- Maximizing Equipment Value: Effective use of predictive analytics and forecasted sales models
- Big Data & The Internet of Things: The transformation of critical manufacturing and looking at how connected industry applications will impact cyber security measures
- The Dangers of a Vulnerable Supply Chain: Why cyber risks are not only limited to manufacturers
- Creating a Culture of Cyber Security: Training employees, increasing awareness and analyzing risks posed by human error
NEW sessions for 2018:
Building on the multiple networking and discussion opportunities that ManuSec already offers, such as specific breaks dedicated to speed-networking, we are introducing three new sessions to the agenda this year to make the conference even more interactive. Enter 20/20, Triple D and Situation Tables.
20/20 sessions are split into two parts which are each – you’ve guessed it – 20 minutes long. This presentation/discussion format takes the traditional keynote one step further and allows you to straightaway engage in a discussion and get the most out of the topic.
Triple D, ‘Discover, Debate and Deliver’, are roundtable discussions that are all about examining and discussing an issue and taking away a concrete delivery point. We’ll make it a quadruple D and while you are talking about blockchain or threat awareness Drinks will also be served at the table.
“What would you do if…” – Situation Tables will put you in a scenario which you could very well find yourself in tomorrow, next month or next year and this is your opportunity to discuss and define what a solid strategy might be – arming you with the knowledge and know how to effectively respond, recover and prevent re-occurrence in the future, should the situation ever arise.
Request a brochure here to find out more.
Thought leaders involved so far:
- Caralynn Collens, CEO, UI Labs
- Ismail Guneydas, Head of Cyber Security Vulnerability Management, Kimberly Clark
- Edward Ferrara, CISO, CSL Behring Biotherapies for Life
- Laura Bearskin, CISO Threat Intelligence, Harley Davidson
- Arun DeSouza, CISO, Nexteer
We also look forward to hearing from Perdue Farms and Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center with key insights on topics such as ‘Making the Business Case for ICS to be More Value Centric for Management and ‘How are OEMs and Governments Prioritizing Cyber Requirements’.
What will I gain?
As part of the ManuSec 2018 summit, you will….
- Assess and compare the consequences of integrating ICS and Corporate Systems
- Learn to identify and prioritize your most valuable data assets
- Discover how to improve employee awareness on the threats of cyber-attacks
- Understand how to turn digital disruption into digital weapons
- Examine and compare innovative industry applications used by your peers
How do I register?